12 years ago
Monday, December 13, 2010
No more real trees for me.
I'm a huge fan of a real tree, but this year almost has me converted. After spending way to much time stringing lights and decorating, I had a strand of lights go out. I spent hours finding the culprit bulb, only to have another strand go out the next day. I couldn't find the rebel bulb, so I resorted to replacing an entire strand, which involved defacing most of the tree of ornaments. After redecorating for at least the third time (counting kiddos mishaps), we discovered the tree was not drinking and had to re-trim the bottom. The electric saw died half way through and shook most the decor off the tree. Finally, tonight, I decided the tree needed to be turned just a tad. It didn't like that idea, and decided to fall on top of me during the process. Now my 7 foot, half dead, tree has a total of five ornaments left and is sitting in my living room, waiting for Patrick to intervene. I am done!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We're missing 2 out of 4 legs that go on our fake tree so Klay drilled a screw into the wall on each side of the corner and we wrapped a branch around each one to hold it up. It's a pre-lit tree and the whole middle section went out so I just wrapped another strand around it. Fake trees are definitely worth the money! I have a confession, I would have loved to see that tree fall on you. I think it would have been very entertaining to watch :)
Post a Comment