background

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mom's the Word

Okay, so I am not the best blogger. It has been ages since I've updated. Sorry. Obviously a lot has happened since my last post. Evan started crawling shortly after Cancun and has been getting into everything! He recently started standing up on his own. We're thinking that he will be walking before his first birthday. It's so much fun to have our little mover crawling all over.

He has also been talking up a storm! His first word was "Dadda," which he has been saying for months now. Since then, he has added "kitty" (which sounds more like "Key" pronounced in two syllables), "up," "apple," "uh oh," and my favorite "mamma." Those are the only words that come out perfectly clear, but I swear he is saying full blown sentences and we just don't understand them yet. This morning I heard him talking to the kitty through the baby gate. I swear he was saying "hiya kitty," over and over again. I've also heard him proclaim proudly as clear as day, "I did it!" Although he hasn't repeated that sentence, I think he deserves credit for that one. It's not often that baby babbling comes out sounding like pefect English.

His favorite toys are the kitty, the toilet, the garbage can, any reachable cupboard or drawer, the dishwasher, and the heating vents. I actually found him the other day with the vent cover on his lap and both legs down in the vent. Apparently he thought it was the perfect heated seat for him. Needless to say, I keep the vents taped down now. I have also removed all the doorstoppers from our house. He discovered they were fun to spring back and forth, and even more fun to unscrew from the wall and eat.

Speaking of eating, he loves to eat grown up food. He wants whatever we are eating, no matter what that may be. This is great, because we don't have to buy him baby food much anymore. It's bad, because his parents tend to eat a lot of junk that probably isn't the best for a growing baby. He sure loves his ice-cream though! Everytime he sees someone eating ice-cream his whole boddy tenses and shakes with excitement. That's his non-verbal way of saying, "Give me some now, and no one gets hurt!" If that doesn't work, he just starts yelling. Wow, we've trained him well. Yikes.

We love our little guy. He's quite the handfull, but personally I think he gets more fun everyday. Who knew having a kid could be this much fun? :)

3 comments:

Becky said...

Thanks for the updates... it's about time! :)

Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear a update from you guys! Your little guy is the cutest! How fun to be a mom?! What a humbling experience. Now I just need some pics of your little guy getting into some trouble!

Trina said...

What fun! Life will never be the same, and aren't we glad? Love ya!